leaky shower floor

Old 06-18-02, 10:57 PM
K
kmartburrito
Visiting Guest
Unhappy leaky shower floor

I have a small shower with a concretish floor in it. Well, there are some hairline cracks in it as well as around the lip of it. Using bath silicone II worked for a while, but I am looking for something like an acrylic or plastic that I can mold over the existing floor. Does anyone know if this even can be done, how to do it, etc...

Thanks a million

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-02, 10:16 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You might try using hydraulic cement in the cracks. It works on cracked basement walls and floors, so it's worth a try here. First, clean out the old cracks. Get rid of the old silicone. Use a masonary chisel or putty knife. Then mix up the cement (it comes in powder form), and force into the cracks. Use a putty knife or your fingers. The beauty of hydraulic cement is that it expands as it cures, thus creates a water tight seal.

Another option would be new ceramic floor tiles. You still want to seal the old base using the above method, then use thinset morter, set the tiles and add grout.

I don't think there are any other shortcuts here... you tried silicone already. Good luck !