bathtub questions

Old 06-22-02, 06:47 PM
krolls
Visiting Guest
Question bathtub questions

Hubby and I just bought a house. It is approx 30 yrs old. We would like to redo our bathroom little by little. So far we have put a new toilet in (bone color). Currently the room is 7 different shades of green (none match and we dont like green).
We have no experience in this kind of stuff. But do have diy experience in other things so we feel we can take on this project.
I was wondering where should we start? top to bottom or bottom to top? Or doesnt it matter?
The one thing that is buggin me is the bathtub. We have a standard size and when I went to look around I found a tub I wanted at Lowes but it was a one piece and there is no way we could get it in the bathroom. So I looked at buying a tub and wall surround. I just dont like the idea of where the tub and surround meet. It looks like it could be a place for mold/mildew and bacteria to hang out. I was told we could put a little caulking there to prevent that. All the tubs I have ever been in the caulking looks stained and falls off after a time. So that is turning me away from that. My husband suggested just putting tile up around the tub. That just seems like a lot more work we are putting tile up all around the bathroom. Then again is the grout, after awhile it too looks stained. Any suggestions on a bathtub and surround would greatly be appreciated.

Old 06-22-02, 07:04 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Tub/shower remodel

I just moved out of a house that had cultured marble slabs for a shower surround. No grout lines. Most shower wall coverings, including tile, tend to require a bead of mildew resistant, silicone caulk where the wall meets the tub.

Old 06-22-02, 07:20 PM
krolls
Visiting Guest
Thanks for ypur fast reply! That is one option that hadn't crossed my mind. Thank you.
I also just asked hubby if we could just bust the wall down to get the one piece tub that I want in there. LOL.
Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: