Ceramic Tile in New Bath

Old 06-23-02, 01:39 PM
Dianne G.
Visiting Guest
Question Ceramic Tile in New Bath

I incorrectly marked my last message as a 'post' when it is really a desparate 'question'.
Do you install ceramic wall tile BEFORE or AFTER the installation of cabinets, toilet, vanity counter.
I'm getting two different stories......my carpenter says 'BEFORE' and my tile installer says 'AFTER'.
Please let me know your best advice on this....Thanks.

Old 06-23-02, 02:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tiles and grout have to installed before the toilet otherwise, how do you place them behind the tank?
Cabinets, call would be yours. If you can't see "behind" your cabinets (I'm making an assumption they have a backer), there would be no reason for them and this would save you money.
Vanity top, same call as above.

Have fun with your project.

Old 06-24-02, 05:18 AM
diemeto
Visiting Guest
I prefer to do all the tiling first then cabs and everything else. but if your tiles cost 20 a foot you may want to not tile behind the cabs - that said I would mark where the cabs will be and still tile first

Old 06-24-02, 08:51 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Smile tiles

I agree that it's better to do the tiling first. About the back of the cabinets, of course you can save some money if you don't put the tiles, but consider if at some point in the future, you want to change the cabinets for other of different shape.
Hope this helps,
pmgca

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: