Bath Floor replacement

Old 07-16-02, 06:46 AM
Dvath
Visiting Guest
Bath Floor replacement

I apologize for placing this post here as many would suggest this be placed in the Vinyl flooring forum. I unfortunately noticed very litle activity in that forum and am in need of a quick answer. I am remodeling our master bath and have gutted, re-drywalled, and installed new tub. I will be having ceramic tile installers do the floor and shower walls. My problem is prepping the floor. It was linoleum. I have ripped the top layer off but the paper underlying and associated glue wanted to stay. It is a nightmare trying to scrape this off even with a professional vinyl floor scaper. How about some inside secret solution or other trick of the trade that will help me here? I am on a concerete slab and have also noticed a small crack. Must this get sealed or patched prior to mortar and tile? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 07-16-02, 07:17 AM
diemeto
Visiting Guest
the crack will come through to the tile - use ditra. get as much of the clue up as you can and have at it

www.schulter.com

Old 07-19-02, 10:12 AM
cynthiakd
Visiting Guest
You could try TSP (trisodium phosphate) to get the glue and paper off of the floor. This is what Iused in my living room to remove paper stuck to glue, which was stuck to the floors. It's cheap, so I guess it's worth a try. Soak the paper with a water/TSP mixture and let in soak in--then scrub. Be warned--it may be messy and smelly!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: