oversized door

Old 08-05-02, 07:18 PM
mjoancam1
Visiting Guest
oversized door

i have a door opening for a linen closet that is 30" wide and 94" high.

i cant find any type of door that fits this size. shutters would be ok as well but cant find that size. suppose i could just use a material curtain but really want a door.

any ideas?
joan

Old 08-05-02, 08:35 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Would it be possible to use 4 shutters, 47" high by 15" wide? If you can find them this size or possibly have them custom made you could mount two on one side of the opening and two on the other so the met in the center. They could be left to open individually or you could secure the two on each side with a small strip on the back side in the middle and make them into two doors rather than four. Just a suggestion.

Have fun with you project.

Old 08-07-02, 05:40 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hello, I've seen this on closets. Hang a standard size door then build a cabinet on the top.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 08-08-02, 03:34 AM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
You could also build or have built a door for it....I have an odd height door in the line closet of my bath.....We wanted full access to the top shelves that a "normal" door wouldn't allow since the closet is shallow. I just built a bifold using frame and panel construction out of 5/4 red oak. You could have a cabinet shop do the same if you don't have the ability. You can buy Stanley hardware for bifold at most home improvement stores to mount the door.....pc of cake.

Old 08-18-02, 06:09 PM
weekendking
Visiting Guest
Hi, You might try checking with your local lumber yard who often have door shops that can make a custom door for a fraction of the cost a cabinet shop would charge. Shutters can prove to be expensive as well as difficult to fit. I took my measurements to a man at Blanchard Building Center (local lumberyard) who built a door that fit perfectly. It looks great and proved to be inexpensive as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: