Pocket door off track-Again

Old 12-27-99, 08:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Can't seem to wrestle pocket door back on its track this time. Any tips or suggestiions?
To get door out of pocket for possible adjustment to the wheels do I need to remove door stop(s)Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-99, 12:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi Fishburn, well I take it that you have a patio sliding door with wheels on the bottom, well check the head of the main frame for any anti lift devices ie a block screwed into the top of the frame to stop you lifting the door out if there is one remove this first, then lower the wheels down to there lowest position, move the sliding door to the center of the main frame then lift the door up whilst swinging the bottom outwards this is best done with two people as back injuries are comon when lifting things like this on your own, you can also borrow glass suckers from your local glass company, these are best used to lift the door off the runners at the bottom as they have a lifting handle, you only need one set as the other side can be lifted by the handles on the door, use the suckers on the interlocking side to provide you with the right grip for lifting, I hope that this helps a little, Handyman

------------------
Remember that your eyes are your windows on the world, so protect them!!

Old 12-28-99, 01:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Thanks Handyman for your prompt reply but it's not a patio door that's the problem. It's a pocket door (wooden hollow core, 32 X 80) that separates my hallway from my den when closed, and when open it slides back into the wall. It has two wheels on top that ride back and forth on a track that is in the frame. Any tips on this type of door and my problem set out yesterday? Thanks!

Old 12-28-99, 02:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi Fishburn,
As it seems you are quite familiar with the workings of the "new" type of pocket doors, your problem seems easy enough. One or both of the trailing wheels has tightened enough to where it will no longer accept the rail it rides on. Thus in order for it to accept a rail it needs more room. But, now to fix it....With the door full in it's opening, there should be allowable space to lift and make the appropriate adjustments from 'one' side dependant on how they were installed.

------------------
log