Too Many Doors

Old 01-10-00, 06:42 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

We have an attached garage. In between the garage and house there is a very small entry way in this entry there are two doors one to the north one to the south. Entry is only 5'by 3' maybe. Then if you turn to the right is the house entrance (another door). Right when you come in is the basement steps and another door to the right going into the kitchen. It's a horrible design!!! Can anyone reccommend how to eliminate the kitchen door so we no longer have a horseshoe of doors?

Chevy

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-00, 04:31 AM
Visiting Guest
What do you want instead - a window or a solid wall? In either case - get some estimates from contractors in your area. They will have some ideas, too.

Old 01-11-00, 09:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi, you also have to be careful, are the doors in question fire doors, if they are you cannot remove them, they are there for a reason, is the kitchen door the only means of escape from this area of the house, I would first check with your building regs and also call in a fire officer just to be sure, if all is ok then decide what you want to do, and get a professional to quote, I hope this helps a little, Handyman

------------------
Remember that your eyes are your windows on the world, so protect them!!

Old 01-11-00, 04:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Chevy:
If you will give a day or so I can probably help you. I will draw it out. Am right in the middle of designing one beam to hold up a whole house. Give me a few hours.

------------------
Jack the Contractor