folding door track

Old 01-11-00, 07:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I recently had the old carpet pulled out and the wooden floors restored in a house I bought in December. The floor man took the folding doors off, but didn't replace them. He seemed very uncertain how to put them back up.

I figured it wouldn't be that difficult, but it's driving me nuts. He took apart the base or bottom metal where the peg on the bottom of the door sits. I can't seem to get the configuration right.

Also, there is a plastic track that opens up and locks. I assume that goes on the top post closest to the wall (rather than the post closest to the middle. Help?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-00, 05:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Al, the plastic track goes near the wall. It has a screw to tighten it in the track. It needs to be just far enough out to let the doors rotate. You should have a plastic wheel on the center end of the doors that guide them in the track. For the bottom metal part that holds the spring-loaded pin at the base of the door, just make sure that it is plumb inline with the upper track. You can install it flush against the frame and over the carpet. Just line it up, screw it in place. Install the doors and adjust the pins (screw in or out to adjust). Just adjust it up/down, in and out until the doors match and swing freely. Good luck.