Replacing Windows

Old 01-16-00, 05:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am interested in replacing the windows in my house which is approx. 10 years old. I recently had a contractor come out and he priced the job to be $6700.00 for 13 windows....Now I am no rocket scientist but I figured I could replace the windows myself since I do have common building skills and save a few thousand....My question is...Is there any books or videos that would be detailed in showing how to replace windows or should I leave this to the professionals??

Old 01-17-00, 03:42 AM
Visiting Guest
JOENSANDY:
E-mail me and I will tell you haw to save a bunch of money. Also tell me about the size of your windows ( just rough) and tell me what part of the country you live in.

Thanks,

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 01-29-00, 09:48 PM
Visiting Guest
The major cost could be the windows that you chose? It also depends on how much labor is involved in removing your old windows.

Are you getting replacement or new construction windows? Big difference in labor between the two.

13 windows at $550 apiece does sound a bit high, but again how much is labor and how much is material?

------------------
MTAC - VB,MO

[This message has been edited by More than a Carpenter (edited January 30, 2000).]

Old 02-26-05, 09:23 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The major cost could be the windows that you chose? It also depends on how much labor is involved in removing your old windows.

Are you getting replacement or new construction windows? Big difference in labor between the two.

13 windows at $550 apiece does sound a bit high, but again how much is labor and how much is material?

------------------
MTAC - VB,MO

[This message has been edited by More than a Carpenter (edited January 30, 2000).]
Ha! I just got a bid for 16 windows-40,000! although it's 2575 unified inches of glass and 2 big sliders..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: