interior staining - new construction

Old 02-25-00, 04:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Help,

I plan on doing the interior staining in my new construction home. What is the best way to tackle such a large job? Mostly all oak with Pine doors and window frames. I am looking for step by step help with application time saving tips.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-00, 09:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi todd, although your talking about doors and windows I think your question might get a better review with better answers if you put your question under the heading of Lumber and Panneling or wood working projects, I say this as the resident exsperts there have the speciallist knowlege about wood stains and paints, Im more into the fitting and repair of windows and doors I hope this helps a little, Handyman

------------------
Remember that your eyes are your windows on the world, so protect them!!

Old 02-26-00, 07:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Todd:
I have built many many new homes. In every single one, we did all of the staining before any of the stained wood was installed.
We lined it all up in the garage, and sprayed it three times. A light mist of stain each time. When wood work is installed, you take a great chance of getting it on walls or worse yet carpets. It is also very hard to keep stain from running. This is probably not a very good area to try and save money. The cost of staining in new construction, is nill. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor