Tall Door Threshhold

Old 03-30-00, 02:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

My In Laws (almost 80 years old) just moved into a house we bought for them (older home close by us) that has an awkward entry. There is an 8" or 9" step up with about 6" of space between the edge of the step and the threshhold for the door. To make matters worse the threshhold is almost 2 1/2" tall. Makes it very hard for them to get in the house. I figured I could pour a larger step so there would be more than 6" for the edge to the threshhold. Other than replacing the door and the threshold is there away to resolve the height of the threshhold.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-00, 03:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

With that situation, why don't you consider a ramp with rails to a small landing? Probably, sooner or later, one or both may need it anyway. Good Luck!

Old 03-30-00, 05:10 PM
Visiting Guest

[B]My first question is, do you have room to lower the threshold ? Please reply. I think I know the kind of threshold you have.

------------------
Jack the Contractor

[This message has been edited by Lydia (edited April 03, 2000).]

Old 03-31-00, 07:20 AM
Visiting Guest
There do not appear to be any obstructions that would prevent having a lower threshold.
Christopher

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack the Contractor:
[b][QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack the Contractor:
My first question is, do you have room to lower the threshold ? Please reply. I think I know the kind of threshold you have.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>