closet door

Old 04-08-00, 12:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have sliding closet doors in the bedroom and the top metal part that fits in the groove came off How do I fix it? Can't seem to get the door off,or get the wheel part in while its hanging , its still attached with the other wheel thing and its the door on the second groove.Making sense to anyone?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-00, 11:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Will you let me know if you figure it out? I have the exact same problem! I'll let you know if I figure it out too. Thanks so much! You can reply to my post if you have any news. - Tina

Old 04-08-00, 11:17 PM
Visiting Guest
To remove most sliding closet doors from the top track, you swing the bottom of the outside door out into the room about 15 degrees, then lift the door so the top rollers come free of the track. Then do the same with the inside door. Installation is just the opposite. Put the inside door in first, the the outside door, both by swinging them about 15 degrees out into the room.

Old 04-09-00, 01:46 AM
Visiting Guest
hi Tcack, lefty is right but before you try to swing the bottom of the door outwards you might have to ajust the top wheels to their lowest point so that the door lifts above the btm track guide, but then follow lefty's directions.I hope this helps a little,Handyman

------------------
Remember that your eyes are your windows on the world, so protect them!!

Old 04-09-00, 01:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello, Some door tracks have the top part of the track cut out in a small section. Line up the wheels to that part and lift the door and put it back on the track. On doors that don't have that cut out you can tilt out the door and lift it back on the track. On those type of doors I usaully lift the door with one hand to line up the wheels and hit the top of the door with the plam of my other hand Done about two hundred doors that way works about 99% of the time.
Good Luck WoodbutcherI