Faux panes


Old 05-17-00, 05:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

We're in the process of buying a 75 year old craftsman house. Part of the porch has been enclosed since the house was built. The new windows are just plain glass and don't match the other windows across the front of the house with a larger pane under and several smaller ones across the top.

Are there ways to fake the pattern? Such as glueing wood strips or maybe using the stickon lead? Are there products anyone recommends. Anyone tried it?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-00, 09:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I could see using a 1X that would give you a simlar look to the existing windows. Think I woul assemble them with screws and glue, not just glue, and I would probably silicon them to the pane, to eliminate movement and rattles. Just a thought -- never tried it.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: