seperated window frame

Old 08-14-00, 02:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

We have a double pane window that opens by
sliding upward. The slider frame has seperated at the bottom left corner.
The windows are intact. I can get it back together with a clamp, but I would like an idea the best way to permanently secure it.
I believe it is aluminum. The house was built in 1988. I am a bit afraid of heating it to solder or drilling the frame for screws.
What would be the best way to re-attach it without yanking it out?

Old 08-14-00, 05:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

If the frame is metal, it's almost certainly aluminum. Heating it will not accomplish anything for you, unless you have the capability of heliarcing it back together. The frame is probably not large enough at the corner to get a screw into it to hold it together. It may be possible for a local glass shop to get a new frame for you, but that will have to come from the same mfgr. as the window. Best, quickest, and probably easiest and cheapest solution would be to simply replace the window.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: