Sliding Glass Doors,Adjusting /squaring

Old 09-16-00, 09:51 AM
Visiting Guest
My door is large & dbl pane. Heavy.
I had pro install new rollers 3 mo.ago.
Still glide very easy BUT out of square with an inch open at bottom when top closed.
There is a screw at bottom outside,&,
a hole looking in to another screw at site of roller.
I don,t want to unscew roller but feel that one of these screws adjusts door up/down.
Which screw does what?
Door too heavy for old man to handle,but can,t afford $70. to have pro come back.

Old 09-16-00, 03:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Alfred, the screw head you see on the outside of the frame is one that holds the frame together. Directly above that is a hole. Put a phillips screw driver in that hole. That is the adjusting screw. Turning it clockwise (tightening) will raise that side of the door, and counter-clockwise will lower that side of the door. In your case, you will have to raise the latch side and possibly lower the opposite side to square up the door. An inch out of square is a LOT. Didn't the guy who replaced the rollers adjust it for you when he was done?

Old 09-18-00, 07:09 PM
Visiting Guest
You should really call the service man back out to adjust the door. I can't believe he would charge you again. Sometimes a new roller is just stiff and settles out after a few days.
I have found the best strategy is to not be acusatory but make it sound more like a mystery only a professional can solve.
At least thats what works on me.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: