question for Andy

Old 01-01-03, 07:31 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: GA
Posts: 71
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question question for Andy

Hi Andy, I was wondering how do I check to see if they are out of square? It they are out of square, is there going to be a gap I can see? How can I fix this problem? Thanx for all the help.
Old 01-02-03, 04:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
You can raise the upper sash to where it is just about to close and see if one side looks closer to the top than the other.....look at the light gap from outside just before the sash goes into the upper head track pc.

You can also measure the diagonals of the frame from corner to corner.

Also, even if the frame looks to be square, look at the weatherstripping along the edges of the sash running vertically...if the gap is tight ( like 1/16" or so at the bottom), but appears to get wider as you approach the center of the window where the upper/lower sash meet, the the frame is bowed and needs to be adjusted inward. Most window makers include an adustment mechanism.....look for a screw head(s) in the sides of the jambs....that will bring the sides inward

Whatever it is, you ought to be on the window installers about it if you just had them put in......the noise is a result of the window not being installed properly.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: