Weatherstripping Question

Old 02-22-03, 04:17 PM
dennism54
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Weatherstripping that snaps in to bottom of Exit Door

I wonder if anyone can help me find a particular weatherstripping. It snaps into a space on the bottom of my home's exit door. It has been worn away and needs to be replaced. Here is my dilema, I cannot find a replacement piece for this particular door.

The door is called a "Keystone Door" manufactured by National Industries, Inc. located in Arlington, Texas and Ocala, Florida. I took the strip to HomeDepot but they did not have a match for the weatherstrip and had no knowlege of the manufacturer. I have done an internet search for both Keystone Door and National Industries, Inc and have come up dry on all counts. I have also done yellow page searched in both states for National Industries, Inc. and again nothing comes up.

The weatherstrip is a strip of plastic with vinyl "seals" that snaps into a space at the bottom of the door. This seals against the door jam. My questions...does anyone know where I can get a replacement seal for this brand door...or does anyone know how I might find out how to contact the manufacturer of this door...or is there another place to look for replacement strips that will work?

Thanks for any help.

Old 01-22-13, 09:57 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Same Weatrherstripping Problem

Did not see any responses to your question about the NII door weatherstripping. I have the same problem. Did you receive any help on this question ???

Old 01-22-13, 10:06 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 863 Upvotes on 755 Posts
Welcome to the forums mjholmes!

dennism54 hasn't been on the forums in almost 10 yrs so don't look for a response from him
While i don't know much about buying weatherstripping I would think if you contacted the door manufacture you would be able to find out where you could buy a replacement sweep. You might also try going by the various stores that sell doors - not a big box store but one that specializes in windows and doors.

Old 01-22-13, 04:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,949 Upvotes on 1,749 Posts
mjholmes... if you can give us a picture or either the bottom of the door (from the side) or a drawing with some dimensions, or a description, we might be able to help. Or a picture of the old weatherstrip with some dimensions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: