Doggie Door

Old 02-24-03, 12:40 PM
moored8
Visiting Guest
Doggie Door

I want to install a doggy door but I have absolutely no where to put it, except in my sliding glass door. I have seen that they sell a piece that attaches to the door, but they really limit the door space.

Is it possible to cut the glass door and install a doggie door directly into it? I know they sell them like this, but the door is fairly new and I would rather not replace it.

Thanks,

Old 02-24-03, 03:55 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Most expansive glass such as sliding glass doors is tempered glass and cannot be cut. The glass is made to the finished size before tempering.

Old 02-24-03, 05:07 PM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
If it's "fairly new", it is definitely tempered glass, and if you try to cut it, it will explode into a zillion tiny fragments....

Why not cut a door in the wall next to it.......that would be a lot easier and they make doors that will lock unless the dog wearing a special collar gets near it to release the lock.....I think I saw them in Smarthome.com catalog.......

Or you could just do what I've done.....put a lever type handle on an exterior door and let the dog watch ya......mine figured it out real quick and lets himself in.......now if I could just train him to shut the dadgum thing behind himself

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: