old alluminum windows

Old 03-02-03, 07:39 PM
gregnese
Visiting Guest
old alluminum windows

I've got old single pane alluminum windows costing me too much $ every month on my energy costs. Is there any thing I can do to improve this problem short of replacing? Can I get a different glass pane or a thicker one to install in these windows? Thanks for the advice.

Old 03-03-03, 06:52 AM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
I have seen aluminum windows with storm panels that mount to them inside or outside, but If your's don't have them already, I wouldn't waste the money. You probably can't use double pane glass if they are already set up for it, and no other type glass will make any difference. The glass is only part of the problem....the aluminum frames transmitt so much cold/heat, that they are a big part of the problem.

Best thing to do is replace.

Old 03-03-03, 07:18 AM
Donna Pallas
Visiting Guest
Unless you have an inside track for a storm panel get that plastic sheeting they sell at hardware stores and cover the windows every fall. I have a particular window in my home and the wind really pushes on it and even thoe I have a vinly replacment with insulated glass I still put up the plastic sheeting on that window.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: