Home Window Grille fasteners

Old 06-19-03, 06:25 AM
Al Siffer
Visiting Guest
Home Window Grille fasteners

I have window grilles in each window of my house, and, unfortunately, have small children who've managed to break several grilles AND the grille fasteners. Worse yet, I've checked all the local hardware stores for these grille fasteners, and have come up with nothing. Any ideas as to where I can find grille fasteners?

Old 06-19-03, 05:41 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Window grilles

If you knew the manufacturer of your windows, perhaps you could locate them. I am assuming these are not metal security grilles because fasteners were broken by small children. Inspect your windows for some identification of manufacturer.

Other options may be to install grille with a drop of cleaner silicone caulk in place of the missing fastener. Without seeing the problem up close and personal it is not possible to brainstorm about other options. And, one could also remove all window grilles for a new look.

Old 04-29-10, 07:38 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Grill Clips for Alcan windows

I have the same problem...windows manufactured by ALC-1 (Alcan) with these detachable window grilles that are fastenend with plastic clips. Over time the clips break off and I need to find replacements. A few years ago, I found a Norandex/Reynolds distributor who sold me a bunch but when I called last week they told me they don't carry these clips anymore. I've googled until i'm blue but can't seem to find anyone that carry these clips. Does anyone know where I can find these or have a solution on how to attach without clips? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-29-10, 03:53 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: