Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

need install intructions on vinyl replacements

Old 08-16-03, 06:48 AM
goosegg
Visiting Guest

A guy that lived behind a guy that I know died and had a bunch of brand new vinyl replacement windows that I bought for $40 apiece. I don't know what kind they are or how to install them.

I've replaced windows with vinyl before but they always had pre-drilled screw holes. These do not. In fact, I can't find a place where I could run a screw through without affecting how the window opens.

I'm turning my cruddy looking porch into a four season playroom for the kids. So I'm using vinyl replacements in a new construction environment so I have plenty of options.

Old 08-16-03, 12:01 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Drill your own holes. The top sash holes must be made at the bottom of the outside track and the bottom sash holes must be made at the top of the inside track. There should be a snap on stop at the bottom of the outer track and one at the top of the inner track. Remove these, drill a 3/16" hoile and use a 2" screw. The inner track may have a snap on balance cover the runs from the top to the center of the track.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: