old replacement windows - help

Old 08-16-03, 06:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
old replacement windows - help

we have double hung replacement windows that have moisture between the double panes and some of the tension springs won't hold the window up any longer. they were installed (professionally) about 15 years ago. i don't know the manufacturer's name to find replacement parts. would there be somewhere on the window to look for the manufacturers name? or would it be more economical to replace the whole window? we are diy-ers.
Old 08-16-03, 10:53 AM
johnam's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 1,869
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
You'll have to replace the insulating glass units and the balances (tension springs). These parts are generic so you won't need a manufacturer. To DIY, go to a glass shop, bring a sample balance and the window sash (they will measure the glass). Order the glass & balances and you're ready to go.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: