Fixing old doorknobs

Old 01-05-04, 06:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Fixing old doorknobs

In my sixty year old house, I have doorknobs that are threaded onto crossed-shaped rods and held in place by a set screw. Some of the knobs seem to have stripped, so the knob comes off when we turn it a few times. I have no idea where we would find hardware like this, and I don't know how to fix a stripped out inside part of the knob ( don't know the proper name).

Quick Google search did not bring up anything. Any ideas?
Old 01-05-04, 07:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
somebody sells that stuff....I used to get a catalog on old hardware, but can't remember the name off hand..

Did you try "antique door hardware" ???
Old 01-05-04, 09:50 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Try Van Dykes or Rockler

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: