Who actually makes these windows?

Old 02-20-04, 12:45 PM
ffengine21
Visiting Guest
Question Who actually makes these windows?

In Sept 2003 we had 11 Soft-Lite windows installed by a Soft-Lite dealer on our home. We had asked for their "top of the line". We have encountered numerous problems including excessive ice build-up, higher heating bills due to more therm usage, missing weatherstripping on almost every window, and on one window I call our double-hung petri dish, what would appear to be numerous growths of mold between the panes of glass. I went to a Home Improvement show and found dealers of Harbor Ridge & Clarity LLC who stated that their windows were Soft-Lite windows. Their "top of the line" windows were far superior to mine. In fact, one of their brochures shows an ice-encrusted window (exactly like mine) indicating what can happen when a window manufacturer uses inferior "warm-edge technology". Can anyone shed some light on this? Does this company (Soft-Lite) have good, better, best, sub-companies and I might have bought the best of the worst? Please help me solve this...Thanks

Old 02-20-04, 01:25 PM
SalvageCzar
Visiting Guest
I don't see that many Soft-Lite brand windows/doors come/go through my salvage yard. I believe they are part of, or at one time merged with Mintz Manufacturing. That warm edge tech is a one piece U-shaped filler strip between the lites of glass. I don't really know for sure about their quality ... they don't seem to move out of here as fast as the more familar/popular names.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: