Door for electrical Panel cabinet

Old 03-26-04, 06:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Door for electrical Panel cabinet

I'm framing out my basement and am making a cabinet like area for the wall where my electrical panel sits. There are two panels and the opening is around 50" x 50". I could not find any door that size and don't want to order custom doors.

- Where can I find a door this size or around this size (I can alter the frame)

- Is there something else I can do to cover this opening with a door? I'm thinking buy a bifold and cut it down? The problem is that I want a panelled one and am not sure how I'll be cutting the jamb and in the middle of the panel etc.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 03-26-04, 07:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

if you can alter your framing can you just put in full size bifolds?
Old 03-27-04, 12:32 AM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you insist on raised panel construction you may end up buying two raised panel doors and cutting each shorter. This would work with true raised panel doors, perhaps not the cheap Masonite versions.

Are you planning a casing/jamb? A surface-mounted thick door isn't going to look that good.

To make it easy on yourself, find a dimensionally stable panel material (MDO, melamine shelving etc), create two doors, and surface mount them.
Old 03-27-04, 09:40 PM
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 571
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
look on ebay,,

thier are some cabinet makers selling what I figure is overstocked doors at reduced pricing....

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: