Confused about interior doors at Home Depot

Old 06-14-04, 06:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Confused about interior doors at Home Depot

I went to Home Depot to see their interior doors. The one that I like has 3 prices on it: 1) Door only, 2) Flat Jam, 3) Split Jam w/ casing.

I know what "door only" means, but what do the other terms mean? I asked the guy at Home Depot, but he says that he just started working there yesterday and does not know.

Thank you.
Old 06-14-04, 07:21 PM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Eastlake, OH
Posts: 122
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Split Jam with casing means the jam is actually in two pieces. The casing (trim) is applied for you and you just put the two pieces together to form your full jam. The other is your regular pre-hung door. You install the door then apply your trim. Depending on the trim type in your home (ranch style or colonial) watch the split casings to insure you trim matches. Its my finding though the if you are replacing doors you would be better off with the normal flat jam door and apply you own trim. Hope this helps

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: