Replacing bypassing doors

Old 06-28-04, 07:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Replacing bypassing doors

We're about to list our 60-year-old house for sale, and we're having a problem. We have those horrid three-panel wood-track bypassing closet doors in two rooms. In one room, we removed the doors, so now we have to figure out something to replace them with, in the other, they're currently PINK, and need to be repainted, but can't be removed without removing the whole top track.

We're trying to figure out the easiest, least expensive way to replace them. I was thinking of doing folding doors, but I'm not sure how they're priced (not what the price is, or if it's $x per panel, or what) or if a more conventional dual panel sliding door system would be better.

Any advice/thoughts are welcome.

(And apologies if this has been addressed; it's my first post here.)
Old 06-28-04, 09:05 PM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: chicago
Posts: 61
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
To replace the "bi-pass" doors with "bi-fold" doors you would have to make sure the size is right to accomidate bi-fold doors. Standard bi-folds come in 12", 24", 30", 36", 48", 60", & 72". If the opening of your existing doors (jamb to jamb) is one of these sizes, than you can fit a standard bi-fold in its place. However, if you have carpeting, you might have problem with the center guide in there might be a missing peice after yoou remove the guide. If your selling the house maybe just replace with the same or freshen the existing up a bit. Just my opinion.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: