Slidding glass door replacement

Old 07-04-04, 08:34 AM
cgdoesithimself
Visiting Guest
Slidding glass door replacement

I am looking to replace ONLY THE DOORS, NOT the doors & the frame....I can't find just the doors anywhere in town that fit. No one seems to know where I can find them. The sliding doors were installed around 1976 or '77, appear to be of standard size & the sliding one is one inch wide...Any suggestions??

Old 07-05-04, 04:39 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Unless you know who made your doors, you're probably out of luck. Even if you know, it isn't likely that they're still making the same doors that they were almost 30 yrs ago. Why not upgrade to a double glazed, low-e door. They're easy to install and they'll save you a bundle of money over a few years.

Old 08-07-04, 05:10 PM
wonaye
Visiting Guest
sliding door replacement

We are in the process of replacing a sliding glass door that was installed in the 70's. We found that the replacement for that 6 1/2 foot wide door is no longer considered standard. Custom made was going to run us $1600. Yikes! A stop at another home store found a door company called Park Vue that still makes the 6 1/2 foot door. I don't know where the company is located, but ours was shipped through another company in Wisconsin.

Old 08-07-04, 11:40 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Why?

The handle, if it hasn't been replaced, can be an indicator of the mfg. Find the same style in a hdw. store and the pkg. should say what doors it will fit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: