Storm Door dilemma

Old 09-30-04, 06:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Storm Door dilemma

Does anybody know of a company that makes storm doors with flanges? Something like what a replacement window is. We have an 1847 home with ornate door trim and rounded jams with no reveal on which we can do doors with flanges. I hate the thought of having to router or add wood for this.
Old 10-01-04, 05:29 AM
johnam's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 1,865
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
You may be able use a storm door known as a "Piano hinge expander door". The door mounts flush on the inside of an 1 1/4" frame. You'll have to go to a store that sells custom storm doors.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: