Prefinished windows

Old 02-01-05, 10:19 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Prefinished windows

I'm looking to replace some windows in my house. One of the options is to have the windows prefinished in white at the factory. Will the factory use a primer or paint? I guess my question is do I have to paint the windows once they are installed or is what the factory put on sufficient?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-05, 03:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 720 Votes on 666 Posts
May I ask what brand windows you are going with? I would say that you need to ask this question to your window salesman- surely he would know- or at least could find out. (you might want to ask if there is a warrantee on the finish, and if so, how long?)

I would just assume that the windows would be completely painted. The only thing that should need paint is your trim. I think it's great that you can get them prefinished. As one of Pella's dealers, we have to finish everything we get ourselves, and let me tell you- it's a pain in the neck. If we could get them painted from the factory, we would do it in a heartbeat!

Old 02-02-05, 06:27 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The windows I am looking at are Anderson's at HD. When I asked the guy who was putting the quote together he said he was not sure if I had to paint them. I don't think he normally handles windows which is why I tried this post. I don't want to spend a ton of time painting the windows if I don't have to.