What kind of windows are these?

Old 05-27-05, 09:57 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What kind of windows are these?

Hello everyone,

I'm in Southern California and just bought a mid- century home that has only half of the windows updated. MY immediate problem lies in the bathroom. Due to the rain this year, my roof fell apart and part of the bathroom ceiling collapsed (oh what fun that was). when it came down it broke my window and I need to figure out if I can fix it. I have those old vertical glass windows- you know the ones that are like blinds- it is mulitple pieces of glass that open up like shades. They seem to be really common in CA. Where the Glass Blinds meet the window track broke and I was hoping to just replace part of it rather than put a whole new window. WHat do you call these windows and does anyone know if they even make replacement parts for these things anymore?

thanks for any help,
Old 06-01-05, 08:19 AM
pgtek's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: north Carolina
Posts: 1,348
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
they are call louver glass windows.
cheapper to replace the whole window than repair the glasses
home depot and lowes carries them

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: