Need storm doors for french doors

Old 09-02-05, 09:27 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need storm doors for french doors

I have a set of french doors facing the direction where wind-driven rain usually comes from. I have tried everything I can think of to keep water out, but no luck. Just wondering if storm doors are made for french doors. If so, does anyone know where I could purchase them?

Old 09-02-05, 01:18 PM
G
You can get double storm door kits. Get your width and height measurements. I work for Home Depot and we can get them from Anderson. They essentially are two storm doors and a kit to provide a double frame

Old 09-02-05, 05:42 PM
Yes you can get storm doors for french doors. What will happen is you will get 2 storm doors and order a french door conversion kit. If i remember right the kit for Pella / Larson doors is around $45.It is the middle post and some lattice like strips to shim in the opening will come with the kit.On a normal front french door the the inside brickmold would be 72" (2x36) and the strips that would come with the kit would be added to make opening about 3/4 of an inch or so. Not exact on measurements, because i rarely do french door kits, maybe 1 every 3 months.And yes they can be a bear to put up! read the convertion kit instructons, and be prepared to take the doors off a few times to get the gap just right.Ive been doing storm doors daily for about 7 years and havent got a quick system down for the french ones.I can install 3-4 single storm doors in the time it takes to do a french kit!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: