Who manufactured it ??

Old 09-06-05, 11:45 AM
masaillini
Visiting Guest
Question Who manufactured it ??

We have a ten year old home that we just recently purchased , And i have noticed moisture in beetween a couple of the pains on any given side of the home . Iknow there shouldnt be moisture there . The problem is i do not know how the window maker is . Ihave looked all over the windows , Maybe there is someplace to find who made the window?Cant get in touch with previous owner .

Old 09-06-05, 03:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
It really doesn't matter who made the window, you'll be calling a glass shop to replace the insulating glass units. They don't care whose window it is, they just take measurements and order the glass the right size.

Old 09-06-05, 06:14 PM
millworkguy
Visiting Guest
I beg to differ!

As in the millwork industry most window company's offer seal failure warranty's and stress crack warranty's! If this window was an Anderson window for the sake of argument there is a date code etched into the glass on one of the sashes in which they would need the code from it and they will send you a brand new sash at no charge given it's within the 20 year warranty in which Anderson offers.So there would be no need to have a glass company charge you an arm and a leg to replace the glass when simply alot of companys warranty there sashes.Not to mention having a glass company mess with the window will simply void the warranty!! Any Questions?????????????? Hope This Helps You

Old 09-06-05, 06:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
As someone who has been in the window business for a long time, I can state with a certainty that there are very few companies that will send you glass, let alone an entire sash at no charge on a 10 year old window when you are not the original owner of the home. Additonally, you won't find any contractor alive who will be willing to come look at a window, measure it, order it, and come to fix it at no charge. So even (for the sake of argument) *IF* you would get a glass for no charge, you'd have to pay someone the labor to install it. Thing is, if you didn't get some sort of transferable warranty when you bought the house, its highly likely that you're out of luck getting anything out of the window company. Questions? Nope, I don't have any!

Old 10-01-05, 06:09 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i work for a company that deals especially w/ Andersen. they will replace a sash under warranty at no charge. however, they will not deal directly w/ the customer. the customer goes through us, we go to andersen, and our installers do the work (for a set hourly labor charge). so the sash IS free, but unless you plan on istalling it yourself, you're still gonna pay for it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: