Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Who sells an exterior 4ft French Door at a good price?

Old 01-06-06, 02:37 PM
ayla
Visiting Guest

I've got a quote from Anderson Doors for a 4 ft vinyl clad exterior french door (80 inches high) for $2500.00
And I've got a quote from Lincol Windows for a 4 ft vinly clad exterior french door for $1500.00.

Anyone know where I can find anything cheaper? My contractor says he can get one for $400 that is 6ft wide but he is having trouble finding one 4ft wide.

I really want to save room in a corner where this will be installed nearby. But hate to spend $1100. May have to. Would appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-06-06, 04:42 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Home Depot, clearance doors that have been returned. $500 for $1200 doors. But 4 ft door set. That will be tougher.

Old 01-09-06, 07:11 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I bought 3 new, special order, steel, single light, dual glaze, dual 2'0", with PVC jambs for about $600.00 each from Home Depot. I don't have the receipt handy, or I'd give you the MFR. The only problem we had was getting internal munions, so we chose the single light over the external munions.

I am pretty sure they had fiberglass as well.

Paul

Old 06-28-06, 05:19 AM
ayla
Visiting Guest
Wanted to post what we ended up with. Given that my search for options was limited since I'm not a contractor, I went with the patio doors by Lincoln Windows.

They are a bit high priced though not as high as Anderson. I like them a lot except for the fact that there is a funny way to lock them. This seems to be a result of the fact that the "passive" door is synchonized with a "bar" that raises up into the top that locks it. Sorry this is hard to explain when you're as ignorant as I am. Anyway, the extra "technology" of the door makes the locking seem counter-intuitive but I think I've got the hang up it now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: