closet slider coming off track

Old 10-18-06, 07:44 PM
M
mik
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
closet slider coming off track

One of the 2 sliding doors on my wife's closet keeps coming off the track, but the other one works fine. I checked the track & no dings, dents or visible irregularities. Any clue on why one door works fine & other pops off?

Old 10-18-06, 07:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
The wheels are not sitting in the track solidly. If it is the outside door, release it from the floor stabilizer and lift the bottom outward until you hear the wheel drop in the track. If it is the inside door, do the above, but go ahead and take the front door off and tilt the inside door outward until it falls into the track. Replace the floor stablizer, and they should work fine.

Old 10-18-06, 08:06 PM
M
mik
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Old 10-20-06, 07:24 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hello, Make sure the hardware is'nt bent if all looks OK then close the door does the side of the door strike the jamb square on the closing edge? If not, adjust the door to fit . Now open the door to the other side if it isn't square you can't adjust it because the other side will be off then. When you open the door you want the top to stop first if the door isn't square. The reason being that if the bottom of the door hits first the inerta force will lift the rear wheels and the door will come off the track. Put a block at the top of the door to stop the top first then the force will pull the wheels tight to the track.I've worked on a lot of doors and this works most of the time. I worked in Public Housing and to put it nicley our tenants provided many challenges.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: