Need help installing screen in storm door

Old 03-23-07, 04:49 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help installing screen in storm door

My builder installed a Comfort-Bilt full-glass storm door on my home with a screen that can be installed in the place of the glass. There are four black clips that came with the screen, but I can't figure out how to get the clips to hold in the screen. Does anyone know how to help????

Old 03-23-07, 05:55 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Lowes sells Comfort-Bilt storm & screen doors...........they should be able to help you.

Old 03-23-07, 08:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, the black clips are just for shipping. In order to install the screen, glass panel must first be removed. There should be a push-in stop around the interior perimeter of the glass. That stop gets removed, the glass sash comes out, the screen goes back in place of the glass panel, and the push-in stops go back on to hold it in place.

At least that's how most fullview storm panels and screens work. The screen panel is exactly the same size as the glass panel, and you can have one or the other installed, but not both!

Old 03-26-07, 06:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It seems your builder threw out the 2 side strips that hold the glass in.I have gone to jobs and seen this a few times,like xsleeper said, those are the shipping clips.I install for Lowes and have to deal with those comfort doors, remember......you get what you pay for with those doors

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: