Jalousie Window Repair

Old 05-23-07, 07:26 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jalousie Window Repair

Hi List, My wife and I purchased a 33 year old home in florida about 7 years ago and all of the windows are Jalousie windows. Alot of these windows do not close properly or are not set properly, does anybody know of a website where I can go to get information on how to adjust these windows or repair them? Or does anybody out there have alot of experience working on these windows so that I can fix them?

WE loose a lot of energy out of these windows and in the hot summers in florida our electric bills are outrageous. We cannot afford to replace them until next year so i am looking at something I can do to get them to close better.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Kevin

Old 05-24-07, 04:11 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you are handy, it is not too difficult to do a tune up on the mechanism. There may be a cover on the side with the operator mechanism, or not, but spray each joint with some silicone or teflon spray lubricant(no WD40). And the same for the crank mechanism. That should improve things. But as you know, jalousies are very poor in the energy department even when they work well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: