Bifold closet door problem

Old 07-27-07, 02:07 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bifold closet door problem

Some time ago one of my bifold closet doors (just two panels wide) began to stick a bit at the midpoint. The track is at the top. I finally compared it to another closet and discovered that the metal rod that slides along the track is missing the top "button," so the naked metal bar is loosely scraping along the track. Is it possible to replace just this button? What is it called, and can I find it at a Home Depot or the like? What do I need to do in order to replace it? Simple steps appreciated. I ain't called "leftie" fer nothin'. Thanks
Old 07-27-07, 02:46 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,400
Received 1,744 Upvotes on 1,568 Posts
Well, unfortunately there are many different kinds of hardware that go on bifold doors. I think I know the kind you are referring to... Some broke in an apartment building I was working in and I couldn't find replacement ones anywhere. I ended up ordering a whole new track and set of bifold mounting hardware from Johnson hardware. Perhaps one of the ones listed at: will work for you.

Otherwise, they have just a few basic types at the big box stores, millwork deptartment. Just ask for bifold door hardware.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: