Opininions on - MW Twin Seal Series Windows

Old 07-27-07, 10:01 PM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Opininions on - MW Twin Seal Series Windows

My new builder replaced a window on my old house....it was 100% vinyl and he said old one was the low end MW new construction grade...he replaced it with same... matched and fit great with no problems .... Ive since sold that house.

Now with this builder Im building a new house. Now he says....MW Twin Seal windows are great quality not the cheap ones...... I swear it looks like the "cheap one" as he called it in my other house.

Question......

Anyone familiar with MW windows and is the TwinSeal model cheaper or better than the classic?

How would you rate MW vinyl windows?

Thanks. FF

Old 07-28-07, 04:25 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not sure who MW is. There are lots of local and regional vinyl window manufacturers. Some are OK, many are junk. My suggestion is find a national company with a know name in the window business. Local companies can offer lifetime warranties, but too often are gone in a few years, so the warranty is useless. I could drop some names, but I am partial to several, so have a very biased opinion and might omit some deserving companies.

Old 07-28-07, 07:25 AM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Bill - MW is fairly common on the east coast. I'm surprised you have'nt heard of them. That doesn't mean they are good though....thats why I was looking for someone's comments that may have first hand experience.

http://www.mwwindows.com/aboutmw.asp

Old 07-29-07, 04:55 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am familiar with MI, Metal Industries, and if they are the same outfit, I like their basement windows, but that is all.

Old 07-29-07, 05:49 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I used to work for a builder that always used MW windows. He was known for using good products/materials at the best price he could get. I assume that meant that MW windows were the best he could get for the price.

Not much info........ but maybe it will help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: