frosted glass doors

Old 09-25-07, 04:44 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
frosted glass doors

I am upgrading my kitchen and had frosted glass doors installed...frosted pantry door with the word "pantry" etched and regular interior frosted glass doors. The doors were painted and caulked around the edge of the glass.

Today the cleaning crew came and cleaned...and they smeared some of the caulk on the doors...(I guess the caulk was not completeoly dry. The doors are streaked...not too noticable, but when the light shines on them.

How can I remove the smears?
Thanks.

Old 09-25-07, 05:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully this was a latex caulk. Just use a damp sponge to wipe the surface. It may take several times to get it perfectly clean. Use a paper towel between cleanings to remove the obvious water marks. Let us know if that does the trick. We have more up our sleeve.

Old 09-25-07, 06:04 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
If a cleaning crew did this, I'd have them come back and clean it.

Old 09-26-07, 04:42 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Is the caulk smeared on the glass or the wood?

Old 09-26-07, 05:06 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
frosted glass doors

Thanks for your responses.

It is smeared on the glass doors...I called the superintendent and he is going to come by tomorrow....but what I have found through this home remodeling ordeal, is that you (homeowner) have to be educated because sometimes the contract, cleaning crew, workers,etc., are not as knowledgeable as you would like them to be...so I like to be as informed as possible.

I have read that sometimes frosted glass is different than regular...so before I or they start spraying windox or something, I want to have done my homework.

Thanks for the input.

Old 09-26-07, 06:45 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
If the caulk is on the smooth side of the glass it can be removed with a single edge razor blade. If it is on the textured side of the glass you must use a solvent.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: