Comparing French Bi-fold Doors

Old 12-05-07, 06:47 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Comparing French Bi-fold Doors

I'm looking to hang french bi-fold doors in a walkway that has a rough opening of exactly 7' (84") in height. I've narrowed down two pre-hung doors; one at Lowes and the other at Home Depot. Upon reading the details of each door, one is suprisingly 80.5" (Home Depot) and one is 82.5" (Lowes) in height. Since this is my first ever door project, I'm puzzled as to why there is a substantial difference between the Pinecroft and ReliaBilt brands, respectively. Which door should I choose, considering my rough opening? There is lynoleum on one side of the doorway and carpet on the other side, if that makes any contribution to the decision. Thank you in advance. Stay warm; it's 53 degrees in Central Florida today.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-07, 04:21 PM
J
One is probably the door height, the other is the finished door/frame height. Most prehung doors need a rough opening of 82+", 84 is ideal. Is this an interior door?? If yes, most any door will do. If exterior, even in Fl, you should have high performance glass, and probably hurricane resistant.

Old 12-06-07, 01:19 PM
F
Thanks Bill. Appreciated the feedback, as always.