Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Help finding replacement drop in door sidelights

Old 01-12-08, 06:13 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

About 6 years ago my wife and I found drop in replacement sidelights for our front door - and we replaced the clear glass sidelights with frosted glass and brass ones. We had a little accident on Halloween and now need to replace one of the sidelights and my wife wants to go back to clear glass panels.

We purchased the original replacements @ LOWES in NJ. I visited them today and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. "Never heard of that" was the respone, but it was obviously wrong. Lowes just no longer carries them. Does anyone know of a company that makes / sells replacement sidelight glass panels that drop in? We need them 1/2 height....

THANKS ALL.
Ron

Last edited by TheRASGuy; 01-12-08 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-13-08, 04:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Ron: welcome to the forums! Yeah, the big boxes are cutting down on specialty stuff more and more, so you may have to go to a millworks shop and see if they can order it for you. Take careful measurements and take digital pictures with you so they will know what you are wanting.

Old 01-13-08, 04:47 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you could find the brand name on the door that would help. Most manufacturers offer a variety of glass combinations. But a local glass dealer can likely make what you want.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: