removable window lattice trim

Old 08-25-08, 07:08 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 10
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
removable window lattice trim

Hi. I have french doors that have a lattice trim on the glass that is removable (it is held on by these push pins things). It makes my french doors match my lattice windows (the lattice in actually inside the actual windows). My kids have pulled on the removable lattice and broken it. I can't seem to find anywhere to buy these to replace them. I can't even find a brand name on the doors so I could call the company. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 08-26-08, 04:29 AM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 3,994
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Look under hinges or on the hinge edge of the doors, there should be some ID there. It may be painted over so look carefully. If still no luck, Try fishing different manufacturers, Masonite(bought out Stanley), Andersen, Marvin, etc are more popular national brands.
Old 08-26-08, 07:34 AM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 19,281
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
It might be able to be repaired depending on the material and type of break. Many of my and my neighbors removable wood grilles would loosen and fall out, normally breaking at one of the joints. Suprisingly, it was pretty easy to squirt some glue into the splintered ends, wipe off the excess with a damp rag, and clamp them overnite. The joints were almost invisible. Just dry fit and pull off any bent or broken splinters before glueing.

If it was a clean snap break, I'm not sure this would work as well. Not enuf glue surface.

You may want to visit some local lumberyards/building supply houses. They may be familiar with who built yer home or even be able to recognise the grilles on sight.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: