What is this called? (pic included)

Old 01-25-09, 02:04 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is this called? (pic included)

I had a problem with mold and the wood strip along the bottom of the window has warped and need to replace it, but do not know the exact name for it. can anyone name it for me?

Old 01-25-09, 04:28 PM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: northeast
Posts: 136
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thats the interior bottom "stop".
Old 01-25-09, 04:36 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 19,281
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
No..its not stop...well not window stop...stop is what the window butts against in a replacement situation...

Thats got a lot of trim/stuff that I'm not sure what it is...
Looks like something was built up to trim it out. You've got at least 3 pieces of wood there.
Old 01-25-09, 04:49 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 155
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gunguy's right. It's not stop but just a piece of trim that was added to cover a gap.
Old 01-25-09, 05:25 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,607
Upvotes: 0
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Without seeing the entire window, I can't tell for sure, but it does look like a replacement window and this was installed as an un-needed trim piece. If the window fit properly a caulk line would be all that is needed. Pull the trim piece and let us see under it. That way we will know for sure.
Old 01-25-09, 06:57 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,265
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'd call it molding.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: