Installing Patio door on concrete balcony

Old 03-25-09, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing Patio door on concrete balcony

I have a concrete balcony. There is a roof already in place. I am now ready to prep for instalation of windows and patio door. My question is: do I install the sill part of the patio frame directly onto the concrete slab or do I need to lay down a 2 x 6" step first...thanx in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-09, 03:34 PM
No door leading to the outside should be at the same level as the outside floor, especially where snow/rain are common. There should be at least one step down from the inside. And for your climate, I would use every and all methods of flashing available to keep out water.

Old 04-15-09, 12:36 AM
You need to install the sill part of the patio frame directly onto the concrete slab because it is the proper way. Before you install you should check the level between concrete slab and frame.
Still any que. feel free to ask.

Old 04-15-09, 04:44 AM
Thanx Henrykemp1,
I was thinking of laying a thin layer of foam, then secure a 2 x 8 using tapcon screws, then installing the patio door frame....I went last nite to the local Home depot and the guy said I did not need to screw the sill part of the frame down because the screws securing the frame by the sides is sufficient. In my books, I would think that a couple of screws in the sill should do. ANy comments - thanx