Tilt/Latch mechanism

Old 04-04-09, 07:52 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Tilt/Latch mechanism

I am in need of several tilt/latch mechanisms for my windows. They are about 1 1/2 inches long and say "Tilt Latch" on them. Sorry for the vague description. Anyone know where I can purchase these?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-09, 09:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 166 Votes on 156 Posts
Yeah that's practically impossible to figure out without a better description. Tell us what kind of windows they are on... vinyl? aluminum? Can you snap a picture and upload/post the link? Or do you know the brand of windows they are on? The shape of the button? Shape of the latch pin? Does it screw on? 2 screws on top? Or one screw on top, one on the side? Or does it slide into a mortise?

As an idea, if you can't take a picture of it... go to Google, click on "images" and then type in "tilt latch" in quotations. Then keep looking until you find a match and give us the link to that picture.

Last edited by XSleeper; 04-04-09 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-05-09, 07:57 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I attempted to take a photo, but my camera is a piece of crap. I found a website the sells an exact match. I plan on checking HD first before placing an online order.

Old 04-05-09, 08:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 166 Votes on 156 Posts
Sounds good, glad you found a match. Don't expect to find anything at Home Depot, with hundreds of styles I'd be surprised if they had anything similar.