Water in my window

Old 05-10-09, 09:36 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water in my window

Hi All

Need some advice here.
I bought a house about 6 months ago.
House is about 15 years old.

I have one problem window, in my soon to be daughters room.
The window is double paned and one of those windows that fold inward for easy cleaning.
The problem is that water has gotten between the panes of the upper section of window.

So my question is, is there any real way to fix this.
If not how do i go about finding a replacement window.
Looks like the the upper section could be removed and replaced easy enough, but i have no idea how to find a replacement.

The only number on the window is GX7166 which leads me nowhere on google.


Old 05-10-09, 10:09 AM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: KC
Posts: 71
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You probably don't need to replace the window, just the glass.
Check to see if the sash can be disassembled if so, your in business.
Old 05-10-09, 10:20 AM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 19,281
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Most windows can be reglazed by a full service glass shop. If the sash frame is held together with screws, its pretty easy, but even the fusion welded vinyl ones can normally be replaced.

Without knowing the manufacturer, thats really about the only route to go.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: