Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Need 5/8" high pile weatherstrip for sliding door

Old 11-13-09, 06:24 PM
Z
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post

Anyone know where to get t-slot weatherstrip that's 3/8" wide and about 5/8" tall for the overlap area on stationary and sliding doors. My doors are 20 years old and the mfg Dorwal is out of business. I've searched and could only find 3/8" high except for one manufacturer in NY who does 5/8" except minimum purchase is 5000 feet!

Old 11-14-09, 02:34 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Check with a local glass shop or a door and window supplier, if you can find one locally.

Old 11-16-09, 07:29 PM
Z
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Thanks for that info. I did a bit more searching and lucked out with these guys who specialize in hard to find parts
Strybuc Industries-Nationwide Distributor of Replacement Window Hardware and Door hardware.

Old 11-17-09, 03:22 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
I don't think you can buy from Strybuc but they may give you the name of a dealer near you. The highest pile I see is slightly under 3/8". You might be able to use the 3/8" in the T slot on the operating door and put a piece of self adhesive pile on the stationary door where they meet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: