Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with Diamond replacement windows?

Old 11-25-09, 12:03 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to replace a 4 old double hung and extremely drafty old windows in my home. They're all slightly oversized so off the shelf ones at Home Improvement stores will not fit. I have however found a local installer who installs these for $250/each, installed. They also meet the federal tax credit.

Any insight, opinions, advice? The factory is literally 15minutes away so they're made in the USA, local, and look good. Plus i could have them installed within a week or two.

Diamond Windows - 3000 Series Windows - New England windows, vinyl replacement windows boston

HEAVY DUTY, FUSION WELDED SASH AND FRAME.

7/8 INCH INSULATED, DOUBLE STRENGTH LOW E GLASS WITH ARGON GAS.

INTERLOCK AT MEETING RAIL AND LIMIT LATCHES.....

DOUBLE WEATHERSTRIPPING ALL AROUND.

ENERGY STAR AND FEDERAL TAX CREDIT QUALIFIED.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-09, 11:13 AM
Z
Anyone? Id really love to hear any opinions you guys may have.

Old 08-23-10, 08:09 AM
B
Diamond windows

Hello--

We're looking at the same windows and probably the same installer--C. from Braintree?--what was your experience like? Were you happy?

I've been looking at unable to find much on Diamond. They have a so-so record with the Better Bus Bureau--rated A+ but actually have more complaints than most in class and have only resolved 25% of those complaints.

Would be really grateful for your response.

Thanks.

Old 08-24-10, 07:44 AM
Z
No I never did end up going with them as I couldn't find any more information. The windows I was thinking about replacing have still yet to be replaced. If you do go with them please post up some feedback for the rest of us!

Zack

Old 08-30-10, 12:41 PM
P
in my experience, it is always better to go with one of the well known brands; anderson, pella, marvin, regency...

i went with another new england produced line, atrium, and had months of problems with every window (about 20 replaced). the contractor had already cashed my check and was therefore unresponsive. i went directly to the company and after multiple complaints, which i could prove and was right about, they told me 'my house wasn't straight and there was nothing they could do.'

just my 2c...