screen door removal

Old 12-05-09, 10:50 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
screen door removal

I have an 8 ft tall sliding door screen. It rolls on small wheels and a track. I have backed off the adjusting screws but can't get the screen door to come out. It's as if the frame is to big to get over top of the track. thnanx

Old 12-05-09, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Even backing off the screws may not help..depending on the type of rollers. Some rollers don't "pull" the wheels down...they will only "push" them out. They may be frozen in the extended position.

Many times after backing off the rollers..I have had to use a thin putty knife or similar and pry the wheels and lower screen up and over the lower track.

Also, check to make sure you don't have upper rollers..that makes it a bit more difficult but doable.

Old 12-05-09, 11:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,961 Upvotes on 1,758 Posts
Backing off the screws can sometimes tighten the screen, depending on the roller mechanism used. But Gunguy is right on about the thin putty knife. Get down on the ground, and push up each wheel with a putty knife until you can slip the putty knife between the wheel and the roller track. Once you've done that, you should be able to pull the screen door toward you, bottom first.

Old 12-05-09, 01:35 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
If you've done all of the above and it still won't come out it may be that the header may have sagged.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: